Best Choices of Sakata Shore Excursions, Day Trips & Tours from Cruise Port
Although the glory day of Sakata in Edo period thanks to a thriving safflower trade passed through, there are still dozens of large wooden warehouses lining up many streets as an indisputable proof about its vibrant commercial in the past. Originally, a powerful merchant family dominated and raised the city into a new level of development. With great respect, nowadays, Sakata still lives in an old-fashioned vibe with well-preserved buildings in a quiet rural town. A wealth of unchanged cultural values and historical attractions await for you on Sakata shore excursions as listed below.
- Sankyo Warehouses – the ancient warehouses which used to store premium rice
- Former Residence & Museum of Honma family
- Kaikoji Temple – contains the remains of two priests following an ancient process of self-mummification
- Hiyoriyama Park – a theme park for viewing cherry blossoms and the bird-eye city view
- Sanno Club – was formerly a high-class restaurant, then transformed into a cultural spot