Top Recommended Kagoshima Shore Excursions, Day Trips & Tours from Cruise Port
The peaceful sunny city of Kagoshima has a friendly comfortable climate and an abundant nature. Thanks to being home to a chain of volcanoes both dormant and still active, especially the magnificent Sakurajima. In the latest eruptions, the mountain spilled so much magma that enough to become a permanent connection to the mainland. Thus, the hot lava, volcanic ash, and gases make a favorable condition for plants to fully grow up. Moreover, volcanoes also lead to the existence of many hot springs such as Ibusuki, Makurazaki, and Kirishima. Besides, Kagoshima was the former capital of the feudal Satsuma province ruling an important meaning in Japanese history. Nowadays, this city is home to a featured culture with old-fashioned culinary and unique imo-jochu spirits. Hop on Kagoshima shore excursions, you can visit dozens of attractions.
- Sengan-en Garden – an expansive garden with beautiful scenery
- Chiran Samurai District – former Samurai residential area with costumes and swords inside stone walls.
- Sakurajima Island – home to the active symbolized volcano Sakurajima
- Hot springs – Kagoshima has three main hot springs named Ibusuki, Makurazaki, and Kirishima
- Chiran Peace Museum – exhibits a Kamikaze airplane and photos, documents, and letters of pilots.
All of these interesting attractions are included in our ready-made Kagoshima shore excursions. In case you want a unique itinerary with your favorite activities, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our experts will help you to design a new tour from Kagoshima port. For more shore excursions in Japan, visit our website.