Top Choices for Iwate Miyako Shore Excursions, Day Trips & Tours from Cruise Port
Despite having the same name with a famous island in Okinawa, Miyako still marks its own beauty in traveler’ maps. Unfortunately, the powerful earthquake leading to an unpredictable 17-meter high tsunami in 2011 destroyed the town of Miyako and Iwate heavily. However, this place rapidly moved on and became a worth-visit destination with the untouched surreal natural scenery. Even the Pacific coastline surrounding the city became a nature national park named Sanriku Fukko. Because of having a stunning sandy pattern formed by dramatic rocky landscapes, Jodogahama Beach attracts uncountable visitors each year. In addition, this charming “Pure Land” with calm and crystal clear waters, is a favorite spot for swimming and boating. Expect indescribable feelings with Iwate Miyako shore excursions.
- Swimming in Jodogahama Beach – the God-blessed beach with a fascinating sea dotted with rocky islets
- Hiking through the trails to witness the spectacular panoramic view over the bay
- Hop on a boat tour in Jodogahama to explore every corner of this speechless stunning place
- Visit Miyako fish market and soak in the best fresh seafood party ever
- Explore Ryusendo Cave – one of the three greatest limestone cave in Japan
Many Iwate Miyako shore excursions on our website that we provide cover these wonderful experiences above. In case you cannot find any suitable itinerary, don’t hesitate to fill the contact us form to let us know your traveling plan. Therefore, we will do our best to customize your favorite tour from Miyako port in Iwate.