Top Choices for Niigata Shore Excursions, Day Trips & Tours from Cruise Port
Niigata is a hidden gem locating in a stunning coastal line of Japan under the huge shadows of well-known cities. For overall, this amazing city is beautiful all year round which all seasons have their own unique features. For example, spring in Niigata is famous for the spectacular sight of pink porcelain cherry blossoms. Besides, while clear blue sea shines brightly in summer, red, orange, and yellow leaves cover the city in autumn. Finally, winter closes the year loop with snow transforms Niigata into a silver wonderland. Not only just having beautiful scenery, but this city is also the homeland of scrumptious rice and sake. Waiting for you are various interesting attractions and must-try experiences in Niigata shore excursions.
- Try Niigata rice – this place is a major premium rice producer with the greatest variety named Koshihikari
- Drink Niigata sake – with the premium rice, local people produce a kind of flavorful sake, especially during Sake no Jin festival
- Bath in Tsubame Onsen – design as a national recreation hot spring area with the unique milky white hot spring
- Visit Takada Castle Ruin – a must-see attraction represent for Niigata’ traditional history and culture
- Enjoy the panoramic view over the mountain by taking Yuzawa Park Ropeway, especially during spring and autumn
- Climb to Yahiko Shrine with an impressive Shinto entrance gate
Japan Shore Excursions would like to recommend some Niigata shore excursions below which cover plenty of highlighted attractions. If you don’t find any suitable itinerary, please fill the contact us form to share with us your traveling plan. We will help you to customize a new tour from Niigata port.