Best Aomori Shore Excursions, Day Trips & Tours from Aomori Cruise Port
Home to one of the liveliest summer festivals in Japan, Nebuta Matsuri, Aomori attracts millions of visitors each year. Besides, this city is a perfect mixture of apple orchards and cherry blossom trees dotting the landscape. Although snow covers most time of the year, especially the white-top Hakkoda Mountain and Hirosaki Castle, people still come to hanami – cherry blossom watching during spring. Thus, Aomori has the lovely name as “Castle, Cherry Blossom, and Apple Town”. Not only be God-blessed with beautiful natural scenery, but Aomori is also an ideal place to take cultural explore tours. Nebuta Matsuri is the most famous festival in the region which represents the unique culture of Aomori. During the festival, various giant floating lanterns illuminating samurai warriors, animals, fairies, and cartoon characters dominate along streets. For your convenience, we just summarize the best things to do and see in Aomori shore excursions:
- Watching floating lanterns parade in Nebuta Matsuri
- Admire cherry blossoms in Hirosaki Castle & Park
- Visit Sannai Maruyama Historical Site – the relics of ancient villages dating back to over 4000 years ago
- Tsugaru-han Neputa Village where local people make and prepare floating lanterns for Nebuta Matsuri
- Seiryuu-ji Temple – the ‘Blue-Green Dragon Temple’
We offer a lot of good choices for Aomori shore excursions on our website which cover many interesting attractions. If they are not fit your needs, feel free to contact us and together design a more suitable Aomori tour from cruise port.